Friday, November 4, 2011

Power has been restored! (electrical, not political!)

Dearest readers,

I am delighted to inform you that my power has finally been restored! I have Internet access at home now, not just at work, which means that I can catch up on my emails, my article writing, my tweeting and my posting!

I thank those of you who expressed concern for my well being from the bottom of my heart-you are far too kind!

"Living simply" didn't bother me one bit-in fact, I rather enjoyed it! My main concern was all of my animals (I have, I think, a million at last count!) and that they be warm. I went to great lengths to keep the Piggles (my beloved Guinea Pigs) and my rabbit warm. My cat was very distraught, but I think my dogs rather enjoyed all the cuddling under the blankets!

I am looking forward to sharing more with you soon. Also, I begin construction of a new Elizabethan dress shortly, and I will be documenting the process in my costuming page on this site. It will be a sort of educational "dress diary" if you will!

Also, I wanted to share with you a wonderful new post on Barbara Alexander's site, concerning Hollywood vs. History and how we should approach movies that fall short of our expectations...Read it HERE:

http://tudortutor.com/2011/11/02/hollywoodvshistorypledge/

SEMPER EADEM,

Ashlie